Related Topics:


Requirements - First Issuance

Hold an initial, standard, master or regional exchange teaching license, have a position offer in a new endorsement area, and have 1/2 of the required coursework complete.


2 academic years, June 30 expiration


Full teaching instruction within grade levels and endorsements listed on the license. 


Yes - one emergency extension is available if coursework progress has been made during the term of the Class B license.


No, but once coursework is complete, applicants should apply to add the endorsement.

All courses taken through a single Iowa college

Courses taken out of state or through multiple colleges

Other Information

Main license must be valid in order for the conditional license to be valid.