The Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship provides annual awards to Iowa National Guard members who attend eligible Iowa colleges and universities. Maximum individual awards cannot exceed the current maximum resident tuition rate at Iowa Regent Universities. The Iowa Adjutant General determines eligibility and award amounts annually.
- Iowa resident
- Member of an Iowa Army or Air National Guard unit for each term the member receives benefits
- Satisfactorily complete required Guard training
- Maintain satisfactory performance of Guard duty
- Pursue a certificate or undergraduate degree at an eligible Iowa college or university (students with BA degrees are not eligible to participate even if pursuing a second BA degree) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Note: A qualified individual cannot receive an Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship award for more than 120 semester credit hours or the equivalent (effective July 1, 2015) of undergraduate study.
The statutory maximum is established annually by the Iowa Adjutant General. The maximum award for the 2023-24 academic year has been set to $8,798 or the tuition rate charged to the recipient, whichever is lower.
Oct. 1: Iowa Financial Aid Application and FAFSA will be available
July 1: Iowa Financial Aid Application and FAFSA fall priority deadline
Dec. 1: Iowa Financial Aid Application and FAFSA spring priority deadline