On this page...
Athletic coaching in Iowa (paid or volunteer) requires a coaching authorization or endorsement.
Issued coaching licenses can be found in the License Search.Back to top
Acceptable CPR Certification Providers
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Health & Safety Institute (HSI)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- American Health Care Academy
- Pro CPR
- American CPR Care Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Authorized Coaching Program Providers
- AEA Learning Online
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Dordt University
- Eastern Iowa Community College
- Hawkeye Community College
- Indian Hills Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College
- Iowa Valley Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
- Kirkwood Community College
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Northwest AEA
- Southeastern Community College
- Southwestern Community College
- University of Iowa
- Western Iowa Tech Community College
Converting a Teaching License with a Coaching Endorsement to a Coaching Authorization
- Begin the application. The appropriate application for this type is called a First Coaching Authorization (in lieu of coaching on a teaching license).
- Within the Salesforce system, upload the CPR card, concussion training certificate and a copy of your license or a printout of the screenshot of your license from our License Search.